I have now returned to face-to-face, in-office appointments. I can also do telehealth sessions through video or phone if preferred. Ridge Meadows Counselling assumes no liability for client’s health regarding the COVID-19 virus. Please make an informed choice.
My licensing board has set forth stipulations regarding reinstating in person, face-to-face counselling sessions. It is important that you are aware of the risks and also aware of the measures that are being put in place to determine if in-person sessions is the right choice for you, your youth or your child.
The measures I am putting in place include the following:
- Ensuring clients are free from cold, flu, COVID-19 symptoms, and routine screening/questions of clients for symptoms checking.
- Maintaining physical distancing in my office including where people sit and compliance to where you are asked to sit.
- Office seating in the waiting room has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- Ensuring child will remain seated at a table which is placed at an appropriate distance from myself (parent/guardian need to discuss this before session). If the child does not comply, they will be returned to their parent/guardian.
- Limiting people in my office to two clients; that is, one parent and one child, or one couple, plus myself. If there are more people in attendance an appropriate room outside of my own office will be provided if available (please note this will need to be discussed ahead of appointment time to ensure an appropriate space if available).
- Sanitizing surfaces after each session.
- If client wishes, I will be wearing gloves to ensure appropriate handling of materials.
- No physical contact between myself and client; including child walks behind me down the hall at an appropriate distance. If child is unable to comply, parent will escort child to the office.
- The option of non-medical masks. I will wear a mask if requested by the client, I will not provide masks for clients to wear. If you desire to wear a mask you will need to provide it for yourself, your youth or child.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained, and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy room, the waiting room and at the reception counter.
Please be aware that children are less affected than adults and that outbreak rates in the 0-19 age group are low. However, there is always a risk involved in face-to-face counselling. I have the right to refuse services to any client if I deem undue risk or if the client has symptoms as stated above. Lastly, a consent form regarding these policies will need to be signed before commencing face-to-face sessions.
Please make an informed decision regarding resuming face-to-face counselling sessions. Please contact me if you have questions regarding the new policies I am putting in place.
Please note, I am also available to deliver services through tele-health – (video or phone). I am using the platform doxy.me which is compliant to my licensing boards requirements and the privacy act.
Thank you for your patience during this time.